How to Respond to a Complaint for Divorce

Authored By: Central Virginia Legal Aid Society, Inc. LSC Funded

If you have received a Complaint for Divorce, you have 21 days from the date it was served on you in which to file an Answer, or an Answer and Cross-Bill. You do not have to file a response, but in some instances you must file a response in order to preserve your rights. This article describes what you rights are if you have received a Complaint for Divorce.


Last Review and Update: Apr 05, 2012