Skip to main content

Federally Subsidized Housing-Tenant-Based

Federally subsidized housing means that the government pays part or all of your rent. The part of your rent the government pays is called the “subsidy.” There are two types of federally subsidized housing. In one type, the subsidy is tied to the tenant. This is called “tenant-based assistance.” In the other type, the subsidy is tied to the housing unit. This is called “unit-based assistance.” This article is about tenant-based assisted housing.

Last Review and Update: Aug 10, 2012
Back to top