What if you can't pay your taxes?

Authored By: The Community Tax Law Project

If you owe the IRS a tax debt and cannot afford to make monthly payments, you may be able to get the IRS to place your tax accounts into "currently not collectible" status. This article answers basic questions on how to get the IRS to put your account in "currently not collectible" status.

Last Review and Update: May 31, 2012
Back to top